Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Childish Ways

Two weeks ago I was talking to God during some time with Him after I got off of work and before church. I had been hearing "Do your creative thing" here and there but I kept hearing it that day (during work and when I was talking to Him). I go to church that night and I get someone to pray for me, He says "I keep hearing God say "Do your creative thing"  that you are suppose to do it daily, that it is really important."  (it is so awesome when prophecy confirms what you been hearing) 

I have not been doing it daily I have done it about 3-4 times since then. Today I did some (well yesterday technically, since now it is 2am)

I feel like a kid when I am doing it, I am learning scripture, I am learning truth, IT IS AWESOME
I get all dirty with paint and marker. Some of the things I make look kiddish but I like it. It reminds me of who I am in God. I am a child, a princess, someone He loves. He is teaching me how to be His child through it all.
It has brought me so much more peace, more confidence, much more joy.
As I focus on what I am creating, it makes the whole world seem like nothing, just those moments of being a child before God is all that matters. 
It is so beautiful and so much fun.
It is a land that I can run to that takes away the stress and weights of the world. 
It reminds me what it is to be a child again. At 21 years old I live a life of a 30 year old, with back problems already and horrible pain daily (which make it hard to sleep and work). With joints that are stiff. When I am in that world of creativity it takes it all away. It is like I am in my Daddy's Kingdom, in His house on the floor being a child and He is watching me with so much Joy and Love on His face and is telling me "That is so beautiful Mary. I love that picture! You are doing great! I can not wait till your done to hang it up!"
I just love it, it is what I need in this season. 
I need a childhood I never had and the Joy and love of a parent, that encourages me and lets me be me. 

I know it sounds so dumb to be writing this but it means a lot. 
At 21 I should be stepping away from childhood acts.
But at 9 years old having to step into adulthood already, God is redeeming my childhood back to Him. 
I will play in the pile of leaves, I will dance in the River, I will dance and jump like a princess.
He is so good to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment